We started our appointment with an ultrasound to see if Beulah has turned. I knew she hadn't, but I was excited to see her again anyway. We were SHOCKED to hear that our "little" girl has gained more than a pound in less than two weeks!! She is weighing in at a whopping 6 lbs 3 oz!! The tech said she's going to come out will fat rolls!! Check out this beautiful picture of her FAT little cheeks! I had fat cheeks 'til I graduated college. Guess she's going to take after her mama!

This is a straight on shot of her face. Her eyes are faded into the dark top, so you're looking at her nose, lips and CHEEKS!! What a little chunker!!
She is still sitting with her bottom at the bottom of my uterus and her head at the top. Her LONG gorgeous legs (measuring at 39 weeks!) are straight up in front of her face. :) She's a flexible little bugger; again, like her mama!
The doctor recommended doing an external cephalic version TOMORROW, before she gets any bigger! Basically, I would have to go to the hospital, be put on an IV, medicated to relax the uterus, and the doctors would turn Beulah with their hands, externally. They would have to monitor her heart rate and my fluid, and if there were any signs of complications (cord entanglement, etc.), they would have to go ahead and take her. There is only a 50% success rate, and even less with first time moms.
Because of the risks involved, the drugs required, the stats, and the fact that we want to leave it in God's hands, we decided against the version. We are stepping out on faith and trusting that God knows what's best. We believe whole heartedly that He can turn her and do a better job than the doctors. We also believe that He is sovereign over her birth. If I have to have a c-section because she doesn't turn, we believe He has His reasons for that. We would LOVE to see Him turn her (against all odds) and get all the glory for it rather than the doctors. So, we ask that you pray for that with us. She is currently only consuming the space from my mid-line to the left of my uterus. It appears that she has plenty of space to use the right side of my uterus, and she is VERY active (see video taken this week--35 weeks). So, there is no reason to believe she is settled into her birth position yet...not to mention we serve a God who specializes in the "impossible!" :)
Beulah moving 35 weeks from Michelle Crissinger on Vimeo.
I bust out laughing at the end because Andy was watching with his mouth hanging open saying, "Woah!!!!!"
5 comments:
I LOVED LOVED LOVED......that part of being pregnant. What a cute "pregnant" tummy ;)
God can do ANYTHING. He took Milly's kidney and completely healed it, let her be born over a pound heavier than they estimated, let Sam save my life, because before I got pregnant I never had a reason to check my blood pressure. Getting pregnant with Sam literally saved my life and Sam was a complete God surprise :) He knows exactly what HE'S doing. We just have to be willing to accept His Divine will.
Love all 3 of you!
Emilee
What gorgeous cheeks! Can't wait to see her beautiful face!!
Little Beulah will get here exactly how she's supposed to. Wylie proved that by coming 2 weeks early! Don't stress out about the c-section or have any other expectations about delivery. The goal is to get her here the safest way possible. If you don't have your mind set on things going a certain way, you can't be disappointed. Who could be disappointed with this little chick anyway?
I coudn't agree more with Bethany. God already knows the safest way to carry you through delivery and how sweet Beulah will make her grand appearance. It might not be your first or second choice, but He already knows what the invoiced hospital bill will read.
I am at work just cracking up! That video was the best! I am so excited for you. When I was reading about the doctor's moving her I was cringing then was relieved when you said you guys opted against it. You are absolutely right in your thinking- God is in control of Baby Beulah's birth and life...no worries. God and doubt/fear can not be in the same place, right?
Post a Comment