Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Road to Recovery

Your prayers on our behalf have been heard, and the LORD is faithful! I am thankful to say, we are on the road to recovery and He is healing our family. It's amazing how things can change so much in just three weeks!

At my two week check up, the doctor was very pleased at the progress I've made. He said that with these kinds of results, I wouldn't need to be on the meds for long; probably 3-6 months. My anxiety has decreased drastically, and I am happy to say that I have not had one bout of anger since my last post! I have a lot more peace, joy and patience these days; praise the LORD! Several things have contributed to my recovery.
* the meds.
* getting a lot more rest. Andy has been an enormous help in the night, and has taken good care of me.
* getting help from friends and family. Some have brought dinner, others have come over just to hang out and hold Beulah for a while for me.
* improvements in Beulah's sleep (details on how this happened in the next post)
* encouragement from you guys. Hearing your stories and knowing you're interceding for us has really lifted my spirits.
* Answered prayers.
THANK YOU!!

I believe the Lord is working on me in a couple of ways. Mainly, He's teaching me how to accept help and let the Body function as it was intended (1 Corinthians 12). We are taught by our society that we should be independent; we shouldn't need anybody. But, God intended for us to be interdependent. It's hard to go against what is ingrained in you by your culture. I'm used to being the one who listens when others have problems. I've been told it's one of my gifts to listen and offer support to those who are struggling. I'm NOT used to accepting help. It makes me very uncomfortable to feel needy. But, as some have reminded me, it is for a season. And, we all will have times when we give and times when we need to receive. So, thank you for offering yourself to me and forcing me to accept. I have really needed that.

The second way I believe the Lord is challenging me is in worship. Last week, when Beulah got fussy in the car, I started scanning radio stations looking for something fun to listen to. I stopped scanning when I heard "Come, now is the time to worship." The lyrics that stuck with me that day were, "Come, NOW is the time to worship. Come, JUST AS YOU ARE to worship. Come, JUST AS YOU ARE before your God." I was reminded that we are called to worship despite our circumstances. I learned this through infertility, but somehow when a new challenge arises I forget. The God of the Universe is worthy of our praise simply for who He is, not just for what He does for us.



I love y'all. I am completely humbled by your love and kindness to our family during this time. Thank you for loving on us. I only hope to return the love to you when you need it. Be blessed and encouraged! I am.

No comments: