Most of the time I could fight off the fear by reminding myself that God is the one that made this happen in the first place and that He would take care of this baby, but then my fear would consume me again when I had a few days without symptoms and thought that maybe the baby had stopped developing. So, you can imagine the anxiety with which I climbed up on the table yesterday for my first ultra sound. I knew this was the moment that would determine my journey for the months ahead.
If you've been through this before, you know that feeling...I'm laying there with hopes and fears swirling around together, dying to know which will win. The ultra sound tech puts the warm gel on my belly, I hold my breath and grab Andy's hand as she puts the wand to my abdomen, and there it is...the most beautiful sight a mother could see, MY BABY!!!! We gasp together and watch eagerly as she scrolls over this tiny little person inside me. How amazing it is to see that tiny little beating heart, that gorgeous spine, those arms and legs moving, the two hemispheres of the brain!! She said she could see the bladder, which means the kidneys must be functioning properly! I'm not typically so attracted to organs which is one reason I knew I could never work in the medical field, but I must say, I have never seen anything so beautiful in my life!! We got a DVD of the whole sonogram and our first baby pictures to capture the moment. What a treasure! I'll post some ASAP so you can meet baby Crissinger. Uncle Mike is getting married this weekend, so we haven't had time to do it yet...maybe next week.
I am so incredibly thankful for this blessing. I know that I have been guarding my heart and not letting myself fall in love with this baby for fear that I would lose him/her. But, seeing him/her on the screen yesterday changed that...and the bonding begins!
6 comments:
Wow! I have chills from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet (and tears down my face). It takes me back to the first time I saw my babies! Precious Moments!
Love Y'all,
Emilee
Yep! I know what you mean! Waiting every time for that first ultrasound.
Warning: the next month may be even harder -- waiting for that next appointment to hear the heart beat again AND waiting for quickening. I don't say this to discourage you but to prepare you for what may seem to be the longest month of pregnancy. First trimester symptoms begin to subside and you don't feel the baby's movement yet. I always have to cling to God's promises.
Love you,
Diane
Michelle and Andy,
I've been waiting to hear about this moment. I was praying for you in our small group on Wednesday. I never doubted what you would see!! God is good!! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your miracle!
Love and rub your belly for me,
Anita
WOWSERS!!! How excited I am for you and Andy. I read with nostaglia remembering that moment myself. Every fear relieved, every hope unfolding on that grainy television screen. I can't believe in less than 6 weeks you will know to go pink or blue!!
YAY!!! I still remember this moment too! As a matter of fact I still have my very first sonogram framed in Caleb's room. It constantly reminds that God has known him from the very beginning. Can't wait to continue reading your updates!!!
AHHH! reading that was exhilerating! i am so stinkin excited!
Post a Comment