Thursday, April 30, 2009

Sweet Angel

HELLO! I am finally poking my head out of my shell to share some pictures of my sweet angel, straight from Heaven! Thank you all for your calls, texts, e-mails, cards, food, gifts, etc. I'm sorry I have not responded before now. It is certainly no reflection of how we feel about you all. We are so grateful for you and are eager to share with you this miracle that you've prayed with us for.

Whenever I see a newborn, I think, "How did that baby fit in that belly?" I thought the same thing when I saw Beulah. Then, she curled up in this position and I could see. This is one of my favorite pictures because this is how she was in my belly.


Beulah is the most beautiful and amazing baby. We have spent the past four weeks getting to know each other and learning how to care for each other. I'll post the details about all that later. For now, I just want to share my girl with you! She is such a good baby! Praise the LORD! She only cries when she needs something, and a couple of her cries are the cutest I've ever heard. I wish I could accurately describe them with words. I want to get a video tape of them, but when it's happening I'm not really thinking about finding the video camera. :) She hates getting her diaper changed, so when she gets upset we give her a paci. Her cry then turns to this precious little chug and grunt, almost like she's trying really hard NOT to cry. It's SO cute! The other cute cry is when she's had a little food but wants you to know she's not quite finished yet. She roars like a baby tigress. Precious!

Beulah loves sleeping on her daddy's chest. She loves playing bicycle with her mama. We have really enjoyed this special time with her. Of course, there have been challenges (mostly with feeding), but we're figuring it out...with a lot of prayer and patience. Beulah tends to eat more than the average baby. After dropping down to 6 lbs. the first week, she's now up to 8 lbs.! She's growing a double chin that we're very proud of. She has a crazy strong neck and has been lifting her head since day one. We have to be careful that she doesn't sling her floppy body out of our arms when she throws her heavy head around! And as beautiful as she is, she's also a very gassy baby. She burps and toots like a man!

We thank God for the help of our moms. My mom (Ninnie) came the 2nd week. Andy's mom (Nana) came the 3rd week, then Ninnie came back again for the 4th week. Their help and encouragement has been invaluable in this transition. There's something about grandmothers...they can just hold the baby and she falls asleep immediately. They have the touch!

Here's our girl! Welcome to the world, baby girl!

12 comments:

carrie said...

Oh Andy and Michelle...she is JUST BEAUTIFUL...in SO many ways!!! I am so happy for y'all and know you have enjoyed these first days with your little girl. Those days are definitely the most precious!! Keeping y'all close in my prayers as you get all adjusted to parenthood. Keep loving on and kissing on that sweet little gift!!! :)

Trellis said...

Precious!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for ya'll. She is just so precious!!!!! Give her a big hug from me!!! Let me know if you need anything..love ya...Kathi

Anonymous said...

She is adorable! I love her little Easter dress - it is too cute!

Emily Fiore :)

Anonymous said...

Michelle and Andy -

Oh my goodness! Congrats! She is absolutely perfect, and those big, beautiful eyes are fantastic. Praise the Lord, absolutely.

Love to you all,

Merry

Jane said...

What a lovely baby! That picture at the top is very sweet - it's almost like the baby is so used to being curled up in a ball that the natural inclination is to stay that way!

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

...And Daddy's favorite place for Beulah to sleep too!!! Jay would humm "Amazing Grace" to my kids to get them to sleep and they would both be passed out. They still like to be held to sleep and I LOVE it. Sam LIKES me sleeping with him these days and Mama LIKES it too:) She is adorable, you guys are glowing; although, those first couple of weeks are difficult & exhausting at times, they're incredible. Enjoy them, cherish them.
Love You 3,
Emilee

medschoolmommy said...

Happy one month, sweet Beulah!! Can't wait to meet you in just four short days!!!

Love,
Aunt Heather

carrie said...

OH MY GOSH is she ever beautiful! I think she looks just like Andy but with your eyes, Michelle! Oh wow...wow...wow...I am speechless and so happy to see this angel. I love you so much!

Kylie said...

It's crazy to see how much they grow in a month! The slide show is great! Asher was so excited to meet Beulah Sunday. . . . he has told EVERYONE, even strangers about meeting "sweet baby Beulah." I think she has a number 1 admirer already! :)

Love you guys!

heather shelton said...

she is so beautiful!

lindsay said...

what a gorgeous child! she is a perfect combination of the two of you.