Hey everybody--Andy here.
I wanted to take a minute and provide you all with a brief update. I know we've gone AWOL on the blog since Beulah was born; we've just been spending all our time enjoying our little girl!
I'm going to post a few more pics from the hospital (although I don't think I know how to do the cool slide show thing like Michelle does!). Speaking of Michelle, I know she really wants to post some of her thoughts very soon, but she has been pretty tied up with feedings. Right now, she's enjoying some much needed rest.
I've been telling everyone I talk to that nursing is not for the faint of heart! We've been working through some challenges with breastfeeding, and I have to say that my wife is absolutely incredible. I'm so proud of her--she's been working so hard to feed Beulah. We visited a lactation nurse today, and the whole experience was incredibly helpful. We're thinking things should get a little easier soon. I'll let Michelle fill you in on all the details. (Oh, I'm going to respectfully ask that you don't send Michelle breastfeeding advice as a result of my post. I don't mean to be rude, and I know that it would all be well-meaning, but it would probably be easier if you entrust us to the pros right now. Thanks for understanding!)
I also wanted to say thanks to everyone who has called, emailed, visited, or brought food. We appreciate everyone's love and support more than you will ever know. I apologize that we've been unable to return all the phone calls and emails just yet. Please know that we are not ignoring you, and we hope to get in touch with everyone soon.
Here are some snippets of fun information that you might not know about how Beulah's birth went down:
1. Beulah was taken by c-section because she was breech. She was folded up inside Michelle with her feet up by her head. When she came out, her little legs just stuck straight up in the air! The nurses had a hard time straightening her out to measure her length!
2. She was a little blue when she came out too, and it took a minute or so for her to really start breathing well. The nurses had to suction her nose and throat and really coax her to cry. It was pretty nerve wracking for daddy who could just stand there and pray! After a few mintues, she turned pink and started breathing normally. I was so happy to hear that cry.
3. The first words that Beulah heard me say were Ephesians 3:14-21. After the nurses had cleaned her off, they took a minute to jot down their records. Beulah was laying under the warming light and I was able to put my hands on her little body, get down really close to her face, and say those verses. I had practiced for several days leading up to her birth, and it was the most special thing for me to be able to have that moment with her.
4. During the operation, I actually was able to peek over the curtain and watch them pull her out. I didn't think I'd be able to handle looking at Michelle's open incision, but in that moment when the doctor said "Here she comes!" I couldn't help but look. I actually got a few really good pictures of them pulling Beulah out. They won't make it to the internet, but you can see them if you come over to our house (and you're not totally grossed out by that sort of thing. Don't worry, I would be totally grossed out too if it wasn't my wife and daughter.)
OK--I think that's all for now. I need to go to bed.
On behalf of my two beautiful girls, goodnight, and we love you all.
Andy
9 comments:
This was great....and enlightening. I knew you both had/ have been swamped with the new duties and it was great to hear just a snippet of Beulah news. Love to all three of you.
Congratulations!!
She is beautiful! You guys are glowing. Love the pic of Andy and Beulah's hands. I have a picture of Jay & Milly in the hospital of the side of their faces and his head looks as big as her whole body. Sweet Sweet memories. Enjoy the fruit of your labor. All of us who have children remember the first weeks and how exhausted, yet energized you are. We'll talk when you remember the conversation hehehe :)
Love y'all,
Emilee
Great update Daddy Andy! The pictures are amazing. I can't wait to visit again... I fight the urge to just show up at your house all the time :). I hope you all remember to rest and take lots of pictures! If you need anything- please ask!
Blessings to the Crissinger 3!
Love, The Ferguson (4!)
What a sweet post?!! Can't wait to meet Miss Beulah. She is sooo blessed to have such wonderful parents!!!!
In his image we are wondefully made!!!!
Take care and enjoy your sweet girl!!!
Maya
Yay, Crissinger family!!! I can't wait to meet Beulah, and squeeze those cute lil' tootsies!
Thanks for the update. When things calm down for yall I will get in touch and would LOVE to come for a visit. I know it's overwhelming at first. I am so happy for yall!!!
Love yall!
Lucy
Thanks for the update! Let me know if y'all need anything--I'll be back in town tomorrow.
Julia
Hi, hi, hi!
Beautiful Beulah! Oh my goodness how i wish I could be there to hug all of you. How completely INSANE are the first weeks?! Andy...forever the proud husband and now proud father...I love you all so so so so so much. Please know how much we love you and are thinking of you.
Love,
Carrie
Post a Comment