Sunday, October 4, 2009

Half-Birthday Already?!!

Around 5 months, we hit our stride. Beulah started sleeping better (2 hour naps and waking only twice at night!), which meant Andy and I started sleeping better. With more sleep, medication, and help from loved ones, I also started to lighten up. I finally feel like myself again! And, whether it is because I am less stressed, because she's sleeping better or because she's just maturing, Beulah seems SO much happier! This past month, being parents has felt more like we'd always dreamed it would; rewarding and FUN!

Beulah's moving all over the place now! I have to keep my eyes on her at all times, because before I know it, she'll be halfway across the room. She's not crawling yet, but she is doing what they call "creeping". She'll roll over and over or push herself with her feet to get wherever she wants to go. And, this month, she hit her biggest milestone yet...sitting up! I never understood how exciting these milestones are for parents until now!

Beulah is too tall for her 3-6 month clothes, so we've switched to 6-9. Her Ninnie and Nana came to visit this month, and instead of them having to do damage control, we got to play! We did quite a bit of shopping. Poor Beulah. We drug her around until we wore her out. Ninnie got Beulah ready for the cold weather coming up this fall/winter, and Nana couldn't resist the cute spring/summer dresses on sale. So, she is set, thanks to the generosity of her grandparents!

It seems that Beulah has entered the stranger anxiety phase a little early. There have been a few times when people have wanted to hold her, and she would poke her lip out and start to cry. Man, that lip will kill you! So pitiful! But, thankfully, she's still doing well in the church nursery.

My girl's also got a little fire in her. If we're trying to clean her face, give her teething tabs, button her shirts/sleepers and she doesn't want us to, she will swat our hands away. And, she's strong! So, sometimes one of us has to hold her hands while the other does what needs to be done. She's a feisty one! If you're not doing what she wants you to do fast enough, she'll squeal LOUD. And, if she's through with a toy, she'll throw it! But, all is well when she lights up at the sight of us and reaches her hands out to us. Well...she does that to Pedro too, but still. It's special. :)

The pictures and videos below may seem excessive, but I couldn't widdle them down any more. (Go ahead, call me a proud mama. I'll admit it!) Together, they give you a good idea of Beulah's bubbly personality, and what the past month has been like.



For my birthday in May 2008, several friends pooled their money together to get us a sitting with a photographer with the expectation that we'd be receiving our adopted child soon. I got pregnant in July 2008 + 9 months of pregnancy + a rough start to parenthood, and we just now redeemed it. :) Photos were taken by the talented Lori Winters.








Beulah was having a great time with Pedro until daddy coughed and almost knocked her off her seat!

5 comments:

carrie said...

haaa.all of these videos were AWESOME. She's growing sooo fast..too fast. i am going to plan a weekend to visit soon. I love all of this...ahhh...she's perfect and gorgeous and i LOVED hearing andy sing!!!

Natalie said...

the pictures are great! the videos are so fun to watch. love you!

Julia said...

Andy should cut a children's music CD. I'd buy it! But I think Little Red Caboose needs more cowbell. ;)

LOL at Pedro totally ignoring Beulah in that last one, and she's all *patpat, touchtouch* "Hey Pedro notice me!!! eeeeeeeeehhhn!!!!" Pedro: *chompchomp*

Bethany said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better, so I'll just make you feel a little mo' betta, as we say...you're hair is super cute, you are so stinkin skinny-I wish, and the pictures are great! You are not going overboard at all. You need to tell me how to do that cool slideshow thingy. My pics on our blog just go all down the page.

Melody said...

I was touched by your post back in August...at your vulnerability and honesty and I've been thinking about it ever since. I've been wondering how you are doing and reading this post and seeing your pictures was wonderful. I know it's a great feeling to feel yourself again and to simply feel good in your various roles. I'm so happy for you and your sweet Beulah is precious.