Sunday, October 12, 2008

Our Baby!

Here it is, thanks to Greg!  It's a LONG video (13 minutes) but it gets better as it goes on.  If you don't have time to watch the whole thing, start it at the 7 min. 30 sec. mark.  That's where you'll really see some action.  

Throughout, the tech stops to take measurements.  One time you see the arrow point around the boy/girl area, but she was pointing to the bladder, so don't get too excited.  Although I got pretty excited because that was a good sign that the kidneys were working properly!  At one point you'll see the crown of the head.  It might look like a circle to you, but if you look in the circle you should see a butterfly.  She said it's called the "butterfly effect" and it shows the two hemispheres of the brain.  And yes, that little flutter you see is the HEARTBEAT!!

I wish I could watch it with you so that I could point out the times where you can tell I'm laughing.  You'll see the walls of the uterus contract quickly and repeatedly.  She was trying to make me laugh so that the baby would move and change positions.  My favorite parts are when you can see the spine, the little bottom, the legs kicking, etc.  It's amazing that they have the technology to look inside and see all of that at only 11.5 weeks!  Unbelievable!!

Our anatomy scan should be the week before Thanksgiving, so don't forget to cast your vote for boy or girl in the poll on the right before then!


1 comment:

medschoolmommy said...

I had to watch some of it again. I love that little baby. I love seeing the little hand up by its head and it actually looked like you could see the eyelids moving at the beginning, but I don't know if that was even possible at that point! Ahhh, can't wait to meet this little noodle. Love you!
Heather