Your prayers have been heard!! We went to the high risk doctor this morning. The first person we saw was the ultrasound tech, and as it turns out, she goes to Eternal and heard Andy preach about us having been infertile for six years before the pregnancy! She was amazing! She did a full anatomy scan of Beulah and said she looks very healthy (another praise!). THEN, she switched on the 3D ultrasound and gave us these!!
We are totally in love with this little girl and can't believe she actually smiled at the camera! What a ham! Already!
Next, the Doctor came in. He was the absolute sweetest man. He did a bit of the scanning himself, but he was looking at the placenta. The original concern was that I might have a condition called vasa previa. I didn't understand that at the time of my last visit with my ob/gyn, but it is much more serious than placenta previa. Placenta previa is where the placenta is blocking the cervix. Vasa previa is where blood vessels or the umbilical cord are between the fetus and the cervix. Click on the link to read more.
The Doctor was looking for the point where the umbilical cord inserts into the placenta. He found the insertion point high up on my right side! So, he ruled out vasa previa! The next order of business was to see where the end of the placenta was and if it was still blocking the cervix. It wasn't!!! It was sitting just to the side of the cervix!! We (including the Doctor) were ecstatic! He said he'd like for me to continue on pelvic rest since it was so close, just to prevent bleeding. But, he thought it looked very promising for the placenta to continue to grow UP as my uterus continues to grow. He did not see any reason to believe that a c-section is inevitable. By the time she's ready to get here, that placenta could be out of the way and I could deliver naturally!!! Hallelujah!!
We just praised God all the way home! We are floating on cloud 9 and honestly can not thank YOU all enough for your prayers. God is good!!
9 comments:
Wah hoo!!! That's great news. I'm so glad and thankful for ya'll.
Much love.
Yay!! I'm so glad you got good news, great news. Now go rest that pelvis! :-)
That is awesome. I'm so excited.
Darby
Thanks for posting the beautiful pics of Beulah! It is so great to get to see her little face! Again, I am so thrilled at how God answered all our prayers for your sweet little girl! Love to all 3 of you!
i'm so glad praise God...no go lie down and rest your weary pelvis ; )
love you both!
christie
God is so good! It is amazing to me how He continues to remind us that His hand is in everything. Trusting in Him - even just a mustard seed amount - will result in great things! I love reading your blogs, it uplifts me as I'm sure it does others. You and Andy are such a faithful couple and I know God is blessing you for it. Thank you for continuing to share it with us b/c we all need to be reminded that He is at work - ALWAYS! :)
love,
Emily Fiore :)
Praise God!
Praise God! What wonderful news! Thanks for sharing.
Deanna
That is awesome news!!
Post a Comment